Naturopathic Care at Nature Cures Clinic
Naturopathic medicine is a unique system of medicine emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process.
In Oregon naturopaths are licensed primary care physicians, having undergone four year course of study culminating in doctorates of naturopathic medicine degrees.
At Nature Cures Clinic, we are proud that our ND’s are all graduates of the nationally accredited National College of Natural Medicine. Established in 1956, NCNM is the oldest, most well respected college of its kind and located right here in Portland, OR.
The following principles, shared here are the foundation of naturopathic medical practice:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (ToIle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere):Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
At Nature Cures Clinic, our naturopathic doctors incorporate a variety of modalities to correct the various imbalances that lead to the experience of symptoms. To determine your course of treatment and formulate a unique treatment plan, your health history, lab records and health status is reviewed beginning at your first visit.
Common Naturopathic Modalities
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Neurological Relief Technique
- Physical Medicine
- Naturopathic Manipulation Techinque
- Low Dose Allergen Therapy
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Vitamin Injection Therapy
- Thought Field Therapy
- Botanical Medicine
- IV Nutrition
- Nutrition Counseling
- Diabetes Management Programs
- Detoxification Programs
- Weight Loss Programs
- Gut And Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Nutritional Programs
- Ketogenic Diet Programs