Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don't find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at Nature Cures Clinic must be in person. By request, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually, using our secure video channel.
Patients have unlimited email contact with their Wellness provider team. However, if an email request is deemed too complicated for a response via email, the patient may be asked to schedule a phone, telemedicine, or in-person visit instead.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Nature Cures Clinic doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $60 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine, or in person appointment without notifying the person you have an appointment with, $100 will be charged to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Clinic
For many of our patients, we take on the role of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a sinus infection.
However, it is important to note the following:
We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician.
We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you will need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
We can bill most insurance companies. We cannot bill Medicare, Medicaid, or any of the OHP networks.
The cost of any services provided by Nature Cures Clinic which are not covered, or denied, by your insurance will be billed to you directly.
Non-Nature Cures Clinic medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member's health insurance plan per that plan's rules.
Nature Cures Clinic will submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan's rules. We will provide you with an invoice that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement if you are paying for services out of pocket.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Nature Cures Clinic physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases, you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Nature Cures Clinic.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Nature Cures Clinic doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose, you may continue to work with your Nature Cures Clinic physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Nature Cures Clinic, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us prior to having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs. Other labs, such as Bioreference, are often used by Nature Cures Clinic Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.