- 2 Tbsp red palm oil
- 1 Large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 inch ginger root, microplaned
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 pkg organic coconut cream
Over medium heat in a soup pot, melt red palm oil and sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add spices and stir.
Add stock and potatoes – increase heat and bring to a boil.
Then reduce your heat and cover, simmering until potatoes are soft and blendable. This will take about 30 minutes.
Do not keep boiling or you’ll lose all your stock! Simmer only.
Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
When coconut cream is melted in well then place in a blender or use a hand held blender to puree smooth.
Serve warm with a sprig of parsley to garnish.
For extra flavor float a little hot sauce on top as well!
Photo courtesy Flickr.