IV therapy is used in the treatment of many chronic and acute conditions and in the treatment and removal from the body of heavy metals like cadmium, arsenic and lead.
At Nature Cures Clinic, all our IV’s are formulated for you and administered by Dr. Greg Eckel. Prior to initiation of IV therapy, patients will complete a thorough history, physical exam and blood lab testing, to assure the correct course of treatment and utmost safety.
Partial List of Indications for Nature Cures Clinic IV therapy:
- Heavy Metal Exposure
- Lead Exposure
- Chronic Illness
- Lyme disease
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Wound Healing
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Intestinal Malabsorption
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Immune Enhancement
- Autoimmune Disease
- Energy support
- Viral illness
- “Hangover” support
What type of IVs do you provide?
1) Chelation: used in the removal of heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, mercury from the body and also in the treatment of chronic heart disease. (see our article on chelation here)
2) Nutritional: done for many reasons and providing an efficient way to get nutrients into the body. Useful in the treatment of chronic health conditions such as fibromyalgia, lyme disease and cancer, they also provide benefit in general immune support, acute illness, international travel and excessive alcohol consumption.
3) Antioxidant: used as an adjunct to the treatment of other chronic diseases, such as cancer and parkinson’s, IV antioxidants and nutrients are used to reach levels for greatest therapeutic effect. This often requires high concentrations that are only achievable intravenously, vitamin C, Glutathione and alpha lipoic acid are prime examples.
Will It Hurt? I’m scared of needles.
Dr. Eckel has performed thousands of IV’s and have it down to an art. Oftentimes, people do not feel even the needle insertion. There are many ways to make an IV comfortable, all of which will be employed to make your experience a positive one.
Is there a way for me to know my Nutritional Status?
Yes. Our cells are involved in a very complex dance of nutrients and enzymes designed to support all the processes necessary for life. Any nutrient deficiencies can limit your capacity to thrive. There are lab tests that track these nutrients and allow us to assess where your imbalances lie. We also can use these tests to track improvement along the course of treatment.
How often do I need treatment?
IV’s are best when provided as a series. It is difficult to restore nutrient deficiencies in one treatment. Many conditions require 1-2 months of treatment on a weekly or biweekly basis. The doctors at Nature Cures Clinic will assess your needs bases on a thorough evaluation. Preventative or anti-aging protocols are best delivered 1-2 times a month.