- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound stew meat – grass-fed beef or lamb shank
- 2 cups full fat, organic coconut milk
- 2 purple onions, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into half inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 to 4 tbsp ground cumin seed
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 2 golden beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 purple potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and cut into chunks (leave the skin on)
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo or gigande beans
- Sea Salt to taste
Brown your stew meat over medium heat in a small amount of coconut oil. The slower the better for tenderness.
In a soup pot over medium heat soften the onions, garlic and carrots in a small amount of the broth about 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Add in the coconut milk and spices, stir and cook for a few minutes without boiling.
Slowly stir in the rest of the stock to blend – then add the potatoes, beets and squash and cook until all vegetables are soft.
After about 30 minutes – add in the beans and flavor with sea salt.
Photo Courtesy Flickr.